Minesweeping Tele robot Rulebook
1 -Design of Robots
Each team in any levels can participate with one or more than one robot. Using ready robots is not permitted. Robots have to be assembled by team members.
Robots must be modular, meaning the parts can be replaced in case of any damages resulted from explosion.
1-1- Size of Robot
The robots need to comply with certain size constraints. Otherwise the team will be omitted from the competition. The maximum allowed size is: length 80cm, width 70cm, height 60cm. The maximum allowed weight is 50kg.
The size will be reconsidered if there is any complaint from one or more than one team.
The size limitation is before the game starts, and there is no limitation afterwards.
Robots can contain different sensors including location sensors, ultrasonic sensors for locating or preventing possible contacts with obstacles, camera to see signs or mine discovering. Since the field might be roofed, making required consideration in using GPS is suggested. Only sensors attached to the robot can be used. The team members cannot use any equipment like camera or sign which are not placed on the robot.
3-1- Communication with Robot
The operator can just have wireless communication with the robot. It is firmly suggested to use 802.11 network versions B, G, or N. In that case special channels will be provided for each team. Any unauthorized entrance from other teams to channel of competing team, results elimination for the offending team. Although required Access Point will be provided for all teams, it is suggested that each team brings their own as well.
The competition’s technical committee will control the status of the wireless network according to the missing connection or the entrance of the illegal individuals. According to this, teams should utilize the same SSID of their own team.
Except the wireless network 802.11 which is announced in advance, it’s legal to utilize other form of wireless connection as well, however, there will be no assurance of the connection quality and not losing the connection. The range of the radio equipment have to be 100 meters at least.
4-1- Announcement of the landmine (detecting the landmine)
The robots have to have the detecting sensor of the landmines in order to discover the buried landmines in the district. The robot has to stay at least 5 seconds in the place after detecting the landmine and simultaneously keeps the optical signs which represents the detected landmine. This optical sign has to be a circle with a minimum diameter of 5cm in which is used 9 red Super High Bright LED and 8 infra-red LED as well. The arrangement of these LEDs have to be compact and like the figure 5. The landmine detecting sensor are obliged not to move within the 5 seconds. In the case of not following the rules of the announcement of the landmines section, even if the landmine announced correctly, the technical committee will not accept it.
In addition to the announcement by the robots, there is a judge next to the operator whose has to announce him detecting of the landmine. It’s clearly obvious that the operator should have some apparatus in his control tools in order to get informed of the existence of the landmine. The way the operator recognize the landmine has to be confirmed by the operator judge.
5-1-Marking the landmines
In each stage of the competition, the robot can mark the position of the detected landmines. To carry out this, robot has to be attached to an equipment in order to mark the position of the detected landmine. This equipment can be a colored sign, flag or any obvious sign that can be positioned in the location of the detected landmine. If any sign placed on the ground, its dimensions have to be 5cm*5cm at least and 10cm*10cm at most. It’s required to utilize the red color in order to get distinguished. In the case of fixing the flag on the ground, its base’s dimensions can be smaller than what is required. In this way, however, the height of the flag has to be 10cm at least.
If the process of fixing the flag leads into the ground damage (such as pouring the color on the ground), the team has obligations to mend the ground and rehabilitate it.
If the robot can withdraw the landmine after detecting, the landmine will not require to be marked.
6-1- Automatic operation (radio reticence)
It will be allocated 5 minutes to radio reticence for the teams that can operate automatically. This competition can be held with the team’s choice in the whole of the ground. During this time, any robot’s connection with the operator will be eliminated. If the robot can carry out the operations automatically during this time and attain any positive score, these scores will be considered with the coefficient of 4. However, the negative attained points will be considered without any coefficient. Participation in this competition is optional and the judge team can consider other extra scores based on situations (such as crossing the distance without any collision with the obstacles and the walls, crossing the slope, taking the landmine, etc.). Teams also can require a longer time for the radio reticence.
7-1- The rapid off switch
According to the possible perils for the robot in the radio reticence section and also the time of the maintenance, it’s required that the robots are equipped with a switch to stop their motions swiftly. In this case there is no need to turn off the circuit’s electricity and only switching off the whole engines (such as the arm, motive, etc.) will be adequate. This switch has to be one of the industrial hazard keys types, red and positioned in a place of the robot that the reach to that be simple. If this key doesn’t exist, the robot will not be permitted to participate in the competition.
8-1- The robot’s working time
The robot’s working time without any need to recharge or the battery replacement is 3 hours.
2- The manner of the competition’s holding
A site next to one of the competition field’s corners will be the commencement point of the competition from which the robots will commence. The robot should be designed in a way that picking the robot up and putting in the starting point be possible. The robot will be put in the commencement point with the team’s member.
After entering the competition’s field, the robot will explore the buried landmine through the operator and if it recognize the landmine correctly, the robot will announce the site of the detected landmine through the optical sign (and the electronic judge). The robot also can detect the buried or on-the-ground landmines and move them to the specified place. During this time, the operator is obliged not to regard directly the competition field and can control the robot only with the cameras.
After the commencement of the competition, two individuals at most can be beside the competition field in order to move and maintain the robot if the robot face a technical problem or make the landmine explode. The restart of the robot’s activity has to be from the preceding place and with the former states or from the beginning of the competition field.
One of another anticipatory abilities is to distinguish landmine and moderate metal; So due to this the robot is required to recognize the large metallic sheets which are buried in the ground or other metallic pieces that are on the ground and are not supposed to recognize them as landmine.
The competition will be abolished due to one of the reasons below:
1-The abolition of the competition’s time
2-Team withdrawal from the prosecuting the rest of the competition
3-Recognizing and demonstration of the deception
4-high damage to the ground by the judge’s diagnosis
5-Crossing whole the competition field by the robot and coming back to the commencement point.
6-Entering any member of the team into the operator room or the members’ conversation with operator without the judge’s permission
1-2 Timetable of the competition
Each competition is comprised of 4 times:
• The first time is related to the entrance into the competition field and getting ready the robot. During this time the members of the team can set the operator room and position the robot in the ground and get ready to operate. In this time, only the maximum of two persons can be inside the competition ground and the presence of the other members beside the ground is not proscribed. During this time if the robot doesn’t prepare in the ground after entering, the prosecuting of the competition will not be possible. The teams can only utilize one third of their time at most for getting ready their robot. If the robot can’t commence the competition before the end of the preparation time (total of the entrance time and one third of the competition time) and can’t perform a motion which indicate the ability to operate (by the judge’s diagnosis), will not have permission to prosecute the competition.
• The second time is the competition time that only two members of the team and one person in the operator room can be present during this time. The other members of the team are required to be far from the ground and the operator room. The radio reticence is also a part of this section.
• The third time is related to assembling the pieces of equipment and taking the robot. If the team can’t assemble its pieces of equipment in the allocated time the team’s scores will be deducted and the adequate time will be allocated to the next team for preparation. Due to this time is simultaneous with the next team’s entrance into the ground, it’s supposed that the teams have collaboration with each other.
• The fourth time is the reset time. During the competition time the teams can request for the reset any times they want and the individuals beside the ground can maintain the robot. During this time the individual beside the ground can be substituted, however, the operator is not permitted to abandon the operator room and none of the members of the team have the permission to talk to operator or entering into the operator room. The request for the reset will lead to the deduction of the scores (refer to the table of scores). The judge can not to accept the request for the reset due to the states of the competition (having the landmine by the robot, the possibility of explosion of the landmine by the robot’s motion, etc.). During the reset time the robot can’t be moved and any maintenance has to be implemented with the preceding states, otherwise the competition has to be commenced from the beginning of the ground.
Repair time: If the mine explode in specific cases in points table, it is necessary to completely open the part that caused exploitation (at the discretion of referee) and close again. If a team cannot perform this 3 minutes will be reduced.
It is recommended to recede if repairing takes more than 3 minutes
Tent: Specified minutes for each of first and second time will be determined with numbers of attempting teams and time of matches by technical committee Anyway total above times for each race will be not more than 3hours altogether.
A) Pre match: The purpose of this part of race is testing basic robots capabilities that robots who are lacking basically equipment’s like metal detector and griper to be removed from the match and engender enough for appointed teams to show all their abilities. The efficiency of the main part of robot in pitch or another suitable place will be tested.
1-Metal Detector Test: Distinguishing mines in pitch or beside the pitch.
2-Camera Testability of sending picture from camera to operator position.
3-Griper Test: The ability of lifting a mine
If a team cannot achieve 2test of above experiments successfully ,cannot take part in the match and it will be removed from ballot.
B) Main Match:
This match will be held in 3 primary grades, semifinal and final and each grade includes 2 discovery pitches and removing subsurface mines and moving the surface mines. Holding semifinal is depending on gaining l minimum points by at least 6 teams.
2 primary grades will be held if there is enough time for holding matches and all teams can participate in every 2 primary matches. Gained points are added in this 2 levels. It is needed to get minimum necessary point by the team for rising to higher level (semifinal and final).No team with negative or 0 point can rise.
3-2-Other Race Conditions
• Only those who are beside the pitch can repair robot and put it at previous place or beginning point if the robot is ruined. Spent time for reparation will a part of dedicated time of each team.
• Each robot will only has one operator in each level. It is not possible to change operator during game.
• In case of mine discovering, the scores would only be considered if the operator and monitor find the mines at the same time.
• IN case of repeating mine declaration or mine explosion, negative or positive point would be considered just one time.
• Operator is not allowed to use headphone during the match .Also, using other means of communication that operator referee is not possible to hear or see are forbidden.
• In case of proving fraud and controlling robot by any on but the operator or during silence communication of team, the team will be totally removed from the match.
In case of unexpected occasions, made decisions by technical committee would be considered to work.
• Negative point are considered for every Reset declaration including robot malfunction declaration and exit from the pitch for repairing. This means that mines discovered rate after each RESET will be less than right discovered mines before it. Discovering mines point for each RESET will be deducted 10% from the initial rating.(first RESET has coefficient0.9 and next RESETS have in order coefficient 0.8,0.7.0.6,…)
• Light strike with the ground has 100 negative points, medial collision has 200 negative points and extreme collision has 300 negative points and if it causes pitch damage, the robot can be fired by referee diagnosis.
• In a case of explosion of each mines further pint is not enhance able, however it is necessary for robot to take necessary actions.
• The mines destruction can has negative rate of slight collision to dismiss the robot by referee diagnosis.
• Mine explosion in explosion pit, has no negative point if robot is not conductive to explosion. However, if mine is exploded in whole explosion by robot, the points will be calculated and repairing robot will be considered. Criterion determine the cause of explosion is the match referee.
• Appendix table is current suggested points. The last changes of points and extra points of match are considered before each level of match will be informed by arbitration.
1-Discovery point will be rated to only mines which are marked or brought out from soil.
2-Mine buried Valmray is a mine that main body of the mine is buried completely and upper part and antenna are out of soil.
3-Valmray half-buried mine is the one which main body of mine is half buried in soil and from out of middle to high is out.
These rules may be updated before the tournament. The teams will be responsible for any lack of knowledge of laws. See race site for more information. There might be a tolerance of about15% due to technical problems in making pitch and its parts Announced numbers about mines weight determine the maximum weight and real weight will depend on race conditions.
Intelligent Small-sized Deminer Competition Rulebook
1. design of robots
Each team in any level must participate with at least 2 robots and I each level of contest some of the robots should search and some other should carry mines. Carrier robots must be specified before the beginning of the game by red caps. The researcher robots are prohibited from having red caps. Red caps must be installed on carrier robots by team members before the beginning of the game or at reset time. Entrance of carrier robots without red caps is forbidden.
1-1- Robots dimension
Robots must comply with certain size and weight. Even though the maximum dimensions for each robot at most are 50cm length, 50 cm width and 50 cm height. The maximum allowed weight is 30kg for each robot. Teams must observe dimensions and weight. These dimensions will be checked if there are objections from one or more teams. Teams that violate this rule will be disqualified. After the beginning of the game, the dimensions of robot are not restricted.
Robots might have different kinds of sensors like sensors for finding location, ultrasonic sensors for finding location and preventing encounter with obstacles, camera for observing signs and mine discovering sensor. Since the competition arena might be roofed it’s recommended to participants to be careful about usage of GPS. All of the sensors and equipment must be installed on the robot and teams are not allowed to use any kinds of sensors like camera or sign out of the robot.
3-1- Communicating with robot
Processing sector of robots may be on the robots or out of it in the processing room. In both ways communication with outer must be WIFI. The technical committee emphatically recommends teams in case of WIFI communication necessity use 802.11 network from B, G or N kinds. In this case it will be an allocated channel for each team and each team is allowed to use its allocated channel. If any team use the other team channel which is compiting the violator team will be disqualified.
It’s recommended that teams have their Access point. The contest technical committee will control the WIFI network condition in the case of any connection interruption or any unauthorized entrance. So teams MUST use SSID whith the same name as their team name.
Other than the mentioned 802.11 WIFI network, using any other WIFI connection is allowed but there will be no guarantee about connection quality and losing the connection.
4-1- mine announcement
The robot must turn on the optical signal after discovering the mine. At the same time the mine carrier robot must move along the outer side of the field to reach the side of discovered mine and after reaching the spot turn on its optical sign. With both robots optical signs turned on and after 5 seconds, Both robots can turn off their signs and continue their movements.
Optical sign must be a circle with minimum 5cm diameter, in which at least 9 Super High Bright red LED and 8 infrared LED been used. The LED arrangement should be integrated and similar to pic5. Within the period of 5 seconds of mine announcement the robot must NOT move. In the case of violating these rules, the technical committee won’t accept it even though the declaration is correct.
5-1- Fast switch
Given the risk to the robot and team members, during the repairs, It’s necessary for the robot to be equipped with fast turn off switch. In this regard, circuits power outage is not obligatory and just turning off all motors (such as motion, arm, etc.) would be sufficient. This switch must be the only red button on the robot and it should be deployed in place of the robot where you can access easily. In the absence of this key the robot will not be allowed to be on the minefield. At reset time, it’s required that team members by the side of the minefield activate this key to cut off all of the robot motions.
6-1- Robot battery usage
The robot working time without having to recharge or replace the battery is 1 hour.
2- Circumstances of the Competition
1. All the robots are placed on one of ground corners, which is determined as the starting area.
One or several robots are presented as mine carrier(s) and a red cap is installed on them. It is necessary to be careful enough in installation of cap so that it will not be detached from the robot during the competitions. In case of cap detachment, one reset will be announced for the robot so that it is repaired.
2. Via announcement of the referee, robots are going to their seating. In this case searcher robots must enter inner part of the ground and carrier robots must be placed in outer part.
3. Searcher robots search on competition ground and during this time carrier robots are not allowed to enter inner part. If carrier robot crosses the border line of inner and outer part of the ground, score reduction will be resulted.
4. After a searcher robot discovers a mine, it remains near of the mine till a carrier robot has aligned itself with the declared mine.
5. After alignment, carrier robot is stopped, it turns on its mine declarer lamp, and after 5 seconds it is allowed to enter the inner part. Simultaneously after 5 seconds searcher robot is allowed to search for other mines.
6. Mine carrier robot must directly move toward the declared mine and in this direction it must avoid collisions to obstacles, other mines and other robots.
7. After reaching to the declared mine, carrier robot lifts the mine from the ground and transfers it to one of ground sides.
competition ends due to one of following reasons:
1. end of the time of the competition
2. Resignation of the team from continuing the competition
3. recognition and proof of cheating
4. heavy destruction of the ground by judgement of the referee
1-2- Competition Timeline
Each competition consists of four parts:
First part is related to entrance of the robot to the ground and it’s preparation. During the time of this part, team members are allowed to prepare control equipments on the sides of the ground and place the robot on the ground and prepare it for action. During this time at maximum two team members are allowed to be presented on the competition ground meanwhile other team members are allowed to be presented on sides of the ground. If during this time the robot isn't presented on the ground, the competition cannot be continued. Teams at maximum can use one third of their competition time for preparation of the robot. If robot fails to start the competition before end of the preparation time ( entrance time and one third of competition time, altogether) and does a movement which confirms it’s possibility of activity (by judgement of the referee), it cannot continue the same competition.
Second part is the competition time that in its duration only two team members can be presented on sides of the competition ground and other team members must be far from competition ground. In case of using process room, one of team members can be presented in the process room (with presence of the referee in the process room also).
Third part is for equipments collection and removing the robot. If the team fails to collect its equipments in the assigned time, it will lose some scores and enough time will be given to the next team for it’s preparation. Since this period and the time for entrance of the next team are simultaneous, it is necessary for teams to cooperate with each other.
fourth part is reset time. During the competition time teams can request reset several times as needed and team members on sides of the ground can repair the robot. During this time team members on the sides of ground can be substituted by other team members. Requesting reset will decrease scores (Refer to scores table). Referee is able to deny reset request according to competition conditions(existence of a mine near the robot and other similar happenings.). In the reset time robots cannot be moved and any types of repair must be done with preservation of former conditions, in case of robot displacement during the repair and impossibility of continuing with former conditions, the competition must be started from the beginning. Adding or removing any circuits, or robot reprogramming, can be resulted in starting from the beginning by judgement of the referee. Reset request is accepted only from team supervisor or his or her substitute on the ground.
Attention: The durations appointed for the each of first part and second part will be determined during the competitions according to the number of participated teams by technical committee. However total durations mentioned for each competition will not surpass three hours.
These competitions will be held in three levels; preliminary, semi-final and final. execution of semi-final level depends on achieving minimum scores by at least six teams.
In case of having enough time for holding competitions, two levels of preliminaries will be held, all teams can be participated in both two preliminary competitions. Earned scores in these two levels will be added together. It is necessary for the team to achieve the minimum needed score for advancing to higher levels (semi-final and final). No team with negative score or zero score can advance to higher levels.
3-2- Other Competition Conditions
In case of robot failures only team members who are on sides of the ground can repair the robot by requesting a reset and place it in the former place or in the start point. The time spent for repair will be a fraction of the allocated time for each team.
In case of redeclaration of the mine or collisions with the mine more than one time, only one time positive or negative score will be resulted.
If more than two robots are existing on the competition ground, it is possible to bring out the robots from the third to fourth and so on, in following condition: During the competition at least one searcher robot and at least one carrier robot need to be existed on the competition ground.
At the time of reseting, the team is able to reverse place of carrier robot and searcher robot’s place with each other, in this case it is needed that the cap and physical location of the robots be reversed with each other.
In case of using process room, presence of one of team members is allowed, however from the beginning of time of the competition, this person is only allowed to execute command of start moving or stop moving via usage of one or at maximum two predefined buttons. Before start of the competition, these buttons must be introduced to process room referee.
If cheating is proved or robot controlling via team members is proved, team members will be eliminated totally from the competitions.
In unforeseen cases decisions made via technical committee will be the measure of action.
For each reset declaration, namely declaration of failures of the robot and removing it from the ground for repairing, negative score will be applied. In the way that scores of discovered mines after the reset will be less than score of correctly discovered mines. Ten percent of primary score of discovering a mine for each reset will be eliminated (First reset has factor of nine tenth, next resets will have factors of eight tenth, seven tenth, six tenth… in order). In a case that requesting reset is simultaneous with beginning of a ground with higher difficulty no negative scores will be applied.
Discovery of each mine via searcher robot will result in 1000 scores increment if the robot stops near the mine and turns on its discovery sign for five seconds.
If the carrier robot reaches to the declared robot, it will result it 2000 scores increment.
By carrying the mine via carrier robot to the outer part of the ground will result in 1000 scores increment.
Collision of each of the robots with obstacles will result in 100 scores decrement and if the collision causes damages to the ground, by judgement of the referee, expulsion of the robot is possible.
Collision of carrier robot with the mines will result in 500 negative scores and if the mine is being moved more than 10 centimetres, this mine will be removed from the competition ground by the referee.
Collision of carrier robot with the mines other than declared mines will result in 500 negative scores and if the mine is being moved more than 10 centimetres, this mine will be removed from the competition ground by the referee.
Each time carrier robot enters to inner part of the ground without mine declaration, will result in 100 negative scores.
If searcher robot exits from searching area or collision of each of the robots with the carried mines to outside of the ground will result in no negative or positive score.
Discovery and transmission of all existing mines on the ground will result in 10,000 scores increment.
Destruction of the mines will result in negative scores or expulsion of the robot by judgement of the referee.
It is possible that these regulations will be updated till before of the competitions. Any kinds of unawareness of the regulations is the teams responsibilities. For more information visit competition website.
It is possible that in building process of the competition ground there will be a 15 percent tolerance in ground dimensions and components.